PDA

View Full Version : pork ribs

Rislunt
11-29-2009, 06:24 AM
to start with i know your all gonna have plenty of ideals on this some good mostly bad but try it out.ive never tried them on gas or brickets,just plane old oak and little bit of pine.

1 set of baby back ribs
pork rub
bbq sauce (prefer honey based)
brown sugar
1-4 beers (depending on amount) a hoppy beer works best : )
olive or canola oil
salt+pepper as wanted

first i like to put my ribs in a beer and salt mixture for 2-4 hours,anything over that is just waste of time.
from there i rub them down with light coating of oil and add on a layer of brown sugar and pork rub mixture (doesnt take much just enough to make it medium covered, 50/50 or 60/40 coverage is optimal on the mix.
lightly pepper then throw on the grill at about 350,400.
little under will let juices run out any over will burn over.
after about 20 mins on each side rub on a little bbq sauce not much just a thin layer give it 10-15 mins more at most to cook on the bbq sauce and you got a set of ribs.
dont like bbq sauce then do it without it you will love them also.
if you got a problem with them post here i can change recipes for you dozen times over,but thats the most liked around here.
also got good recipe for some beef ribs if needed.
remember to salty or to sweet will ruin the best cooked ribs,need to taste the meat to have the best.

Damonk

lokeli
11-29-2009, 01:40 PM
I'll certainly be trying those out sometime in the near future man. Can you also please toss down your Beef Rib recipe?