PDA

View Full Version : Laid to rest...

Jordanth
01-29-2010, 03:31 PM
I stumbled on this topic in some old forums of an ancient guild some might know of as Council of Grey. I know a majority of people here are still actively playing, but have you ever stopped and thought about this?

"If you had to camp your character... one last time.

Where would it be? Now I'm sure most of you don't have active accounts for EQ anymore, but if you had to pick one spot , one final spot to lay your character to rest, where would you choose, and why."

When I finally quit Eq forever, who knows when, I think I'd find the highest platform in Kelethin and sit, overlooking the Greater Faydark for eternity.

Just something to think about. It really hits home for an old retired guild with 99% of its members done with EQ, but I thought it would be interesting to see where everyone would choose. Would like to get as many replies as possible with this, don't matter who ya are, just answer the question honestly :sunny:

Mirror
01-29-2010, 06:44 PM
I am guessing my last camp wont be planned it will just ba log out one day and never return. But if I do plan it I will sneak mezz my way into a camp that will be an insta death when i log in.

Cribbage
01-29-2010, 07:49 PM
When I finally log out for the last time I will join my friends Mooneleafs and Kethryveris at sunset hill in the Jaggedpine Forest so we can sit around the fire and tell tales of the long lost adventures of old we shared.

Veauamil
01-29-2010, 09:03 PM
CoG...long story, but I STILL have resentful thoughts about some (one) of their members.

Honestly, if I laid Veau to rest, I believe I would just park him in the Necro guild in Neriak, where he was spawned. Go out the same way he came in.

Namao
01-30-2010, 03:26 AM
/hugs V!

I think I would camp Nam on top of the tradeskilling roof near the big bank in PoK watching the stars go by at night.

Bittasa
01-30-2010, 11:23 PM
I would probably camp Bittasa out in the pool in guild hall like I always do.

I find this an odd question because once upon a time I played a game where the Devs sold the game to EA who then shut the game down with only a few days notice.

I had one character that I rarely played. She was a thief named DustBuni. The last day the game was active, I took her to solo the great silver dragon who ate her sending her to the depths of the Underworld where she would have to do a quest to return to earth. She is probably sitting with Isis watching the snakes slithering by to this day. The main character who was a wizard, marched up to dragons lair slay the dragon and retrieved the armor of DustBuni. Afterward, the wiz spent the rest of the evening arranging the rare objects in the bank like a corsage, a gift that had been Christmas wrapped and another that had been wrapped as a Birthday gift. Needless to say, if you were killed or a mob ate you all your armor and equipment was gone so each character had a few sets.

Veauamil
01-31-2010, 09:48 AM
I have to admit...I think about death and dying a lot. I have even been labeled as "Morbidly Depressed" by the psychiatric community (Cuz most of them are skeered poopless to ponder death for any length of time).

But even so...I have to say, this is a pretty morbid track for the message boards to be meandering. LOL

Tears falling from the sky
Words from a lullaby
Everything beautiful dies
For now, we're hanging in
Though we are blessed with sin
You make my tired heart sing

Lostsock
01-31-2010, 10:21 AM
I did and I camped in Surefall Glade. My home town.

And I resurrected there too.

Zimmerts
01-31-2010, 12:47 PM
There are several memories for me that will never leave my mind. Commonlands tunnel comes to mind, unrest, the OLD plane of hate, killing chickens and sarneks in the zone i cant remember the name of, old sebillis.. and the planes of power zones.

I have a lot of memories with sleepless nights, leading raids, and leading the guild through so many good and bad times. Hours and hours and hours of play times through the years. As i think, i just cant pick one.

Lavastorm hunts for hours on end, plane of earth hunts hours on end, naggy and vox raids.. I cant pick one final resting place.

Jordanth
01-31-2010, 04:54 PM
Lake of Ill Omen, Zim. That place was great.

Fluteria
01-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Felwithe by the fisherman -- where I spent most of my newb time -- or in the Plane of Tranquility by the big indoor tree with purple leaves. That's where I spent most of my time if I was looking for an escape both in game and out. Something serene and peaceful about both for me.

Sheitan
01-31-2010, 07:39 PM
I had one character that I rarely played. She was a thief named DustBuni. The last day the game was active, I took her to solo the great silver dragon who ate her sending her to the depths of the Underworld where she would have to do a quest to return to earth. She is probably sitting with Isis watching the snakes slithering by to this day. The main character who was a wizard, marched up to dragons lair slay the dragon and retrieved the armor of DustBuni. Afterward, the wiz spent the rest of the evening arranging the rare objects in the bank like a corsage, a gift that had been Christmas wrapped and another that had been wrapped as a Birthday gift. Needless to say, if you were killed or a mob ate you all your armor and equipment was gone so each character had a few sets.

This game was called Legends of Kesmai. It was the first online game I ever played. Before the game was sold to EA, it was run by gamestorm. they ran a membership service that game y ou access to dozens of great games. I have tons of great memories from being a gamestorm member.

LoK (http://www.legendsofkesmai.com/) is still available for play on a free server set up by loyal fans. If you email the admins, they can even recover your original toons. I have yet to log back into mine.

Gargamesh
02-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Spawning in Hallas for the first time and trying to get to Crushbone to hook up with my brothers Zimm and Uadan (Nallin)...Dieing along the way and not understanding how the whole CR/respawn thing worked...

All that time in CB and Lake of Ill Omen as a young Shaman just enjoying the grind..Not in any kind of guild that could actually do anything...

<Zimm> the Chickens and Sarnaks were in OT (Over There)...Good Times...

Being scared shitless in Unrest <I used to play with the music and full sound effects on and would get chills>

Plan of Hate when we were Forgotten Destiny teaming up with Bloods Guard...They were the big guild back then...

Old Sebillis for weeks on end....

and then all the POP Zones & Progression - POP was my favorite expansion, probably because everyone I started the game with and all the new friends I first met still played then. Yain, Lorudcee, Aeryl, Lathrim, Ceene, Eumilie, Charbow, the list goes on and on....

I guess if one day I don't just log out never to return I will end it in Hallas where it all began....But there are so many good memories of people and places...

sillaen
02-01-2010, 11:31 AM
I sure can't remember the name of the zone right now, but there is a zone in Luclin where it seems you can almost touch the moon. That's an impressive and peaceful place. I'd probably camp out there.

Or

The portal room in Plane of Justice. I've always liked it in there.

There are a few more places that could be suitable.

Ilmaryn
02-02-2010, 02:53 AM
Several memorable moments come to mind for me....

The first time I tanked the bosses of Sleeper's tomb in Blood Guards guild as a Shadowknight, mostly because Xnoybis vouched for my ability.

The first time I tanked Vindi in KT, as an SK.

The time that all of the raiding guilds of CT, including TSC, responded to The Temple of Veeshan because IoA broke the rotation and we invaded their raid space.

The first Emp of SSRA kill with TSC, or VT clear for that matter... lots of hours spent there.

The first Plane of Time, complete clear... so many good times in EQ. I would be hard pressed to pick on zone to log out in for the final time. As it stands right now, I am not sure which zone Ilmaryn is logged out in, but he and TSC is always in my thoughts.

On a side note, as a player from approx 1999 to 2005, I do recognize the guild, Council of Grey, sad to see them go. Just like The Relentess, Element of Darkness, Shadowed Soul, Black Talons.. to name a few. Sad to see those folks go.

Bloxy
02-02-2010, 02:46 PM
B3 in Lake Rathetear in hopes that someday my long lost Shadow Knight might return to find me waiting for him. Remembering the friends lost is bittersweet.

:bawling:

Kelmor
02-02-2010, 04:27 PM
On the hill in Plane of Tranquility beside the tunnel overlooking the ocean and listening to the waves. This was the meeting spot for raids in Crimson Talon for several years.

Araden
02-03-2010, 08:21 PM
I think I'd probably camp in Highpass Hold.

I joined the guild that Sojourners split off to form from back in 1999 there, and have many good memories over the years, but that place is where it goes back to where it really started for me.

BTW Halloween event in kithicor forest back in '99 when they opened the plane of hate was awesome. I was there =)

Dovan
02-07-2010, 12:00 PM
I have come and gone if it hasn't been noticed, but I guess I should make it official. Dovan, he is at rest in a place special to him.

First it was the Council of Stone. Then the Legacy of Stone when a few guilds merged. Along the way, I'm not sure how it happened but the fates wound round and round till the final resting spot was The Stone Coven. I remember the day when the old disolved and Zimm tagged me for the Coven. I told him it would be the last tag I ever held and I kept true my word.

I'm sorry for those that may have come to miss Dov. I miss EQ a fair bit, but being a family man and still working night shift does not work at all. It is what it is, but I still think of a lot of you (Zimm, Garg, Nallin, Sora... there's too many to list).

Back to the original thought, Dovan was a man Halas. It was his home and he prided in it. When you walk past the shaman guild area heading back near the warrior guild, there is a larger house on your immediate left. Everytime I stepped in there, I took of my helm for respect of a house. Hanging on that wall is the last helm Dov ever wore.

I miss ya'll. I'll be around the boards still, I've got a few IM acct's that people are aware of. If ya wanna talk... I'll be around. Until then...

The Big Blue Bear is out.

Kalley Respire'Vital
02-07-2010, 12:57 PM
you all going to make me cry :glomp:

Namao
02-07-2010, 10:28 PM
you all going to make me cry :glomp:

Awwww Kalley! /hugs

Tico
02-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Hey Sheitan, Ronian and I both played LoK in the LCAF guild. Old but good memories. :) And yes, we both used the same names. I will have to check out that server.

Cribbage
02-09-2010, 12:57 AM
That will be my official log out from Sony EQ, but I can totally see me setting up an EQ Emulator Server for myself and friends so we can keep playing long after the official world of Norrath has gone silent.

skeetar
03-16-2010, 11:29 PM
Wow Zimmerts and Garg brought up some old old memories. Forgotten Destiny... wow.

Myphat
03-17-2010, 10:46 AM
For me it would have to be at the stone for Plane of Time, where I begged and begged to come with Obsidian Coven as they were raiding Plane of Time. And after that i raided with OC often and was brought into the family. OC which is now The Stone Coven was a dream of mine all through my life in Norrath, and it always seemed i was always 2 steps behind the requirements. But with the help of Lamini, Nallin, Garg, Trajen, and many more i was able to meet the requirements to join and all of The Stone Coven is still in my heart. So yes the Stone to Plane of Time is where i would be laid to rest.

Yawanna
03-17-2010, 11:05 PM
In the middle of POK on my belly so everyone can kiss my ass!:devileyebrows:

Rislunt
03-17-2010, 11:23 PM
old entrance to PoM through NtoV,brings back many memories of logging on 2 hours before raid and dragging a corpse there to rez them and start summoning people across zone lol.
died so many times.

Damonk

Ronian
05-10-2010, 10:02 AM
This game was called Legends of Kesmai. It was the first online game I ever played. Before the game was sold to EA, it was run by gamestorm. they ran a membership service that game y ou access to dozens of great games. I have tons of great memories from being a gamestorm member.

LoK (http://www.legendsofkesmai.com/) is still available for play on a free server set up by loyal fans. If you email the admins, they can even recover your original toons. I have yet to log back into mine.

Tico and I both played LoK. Fun Game!

Silynt
05-11-2010, 11:53 PM
I'd have to go back to Greater Fay, out in the woods where I spent my early levels when the whole game was just more breathtaking in detail than UO ever thought to be. Just make camp, and fall asleep to never wake up again.

Ackmedhabeeb
05-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Well evry time i have stoped playing EQ in the past . I park my troll in Grobb on the rock by the first female trol vendor on yer left as u inter an cross the lil stream . For that matter i still origin an camp Ack thare a few times a week . This is ware he was camp[ed out evry nite for ever or untill guild hall came around . I allways took him home an put him to sleep on his rok :).

Colleen
06-23-2010, 01:53 PM
I started EQ with my ranger in a small guild called An Rach, full of friends from RL and some who became so we ran all over Kunark camping this or that, names that are prolly meaningless in the mists of EQ time...Rulf, Dyllwin, Nimblefoot, Antavia, and so many others..till one by one they left the game and the name of one of EQ's first guilds faded. Back then it was my ranger Tininya 50th level in all Ivy-Etched with twin yaks....She I would need to return to Greater Faydark where the first and in many ways the most awesome memories of EQ still linger, camping the TR in CB night on end till finally moving to HHK.....

Then SoV hit and An Rach's one and only shaman departed the game. So the guild asked me to take an alt over as my main since I had a 26th shaman I was having fun with and the rest as you say is history. Colleen I would take to the top spire of CoM for a final log out...so many hunts in that fine ruins, so many memories of friends and hours upon hours spent on epic 1.0 and many friends now gone who helped with that then momentous occasion...even though I had already been up 19 hours, I will never forget the absolute feeling of elation and accomplishment of the final 1.0 turn in...in honor of that Colleen will go to her final rest in CoM with her 1.0 in her hand and her black wolf fur boots on her feet......and in the City of Mists fade into the mist as EQ will one day.....

Veauamil
06-24-2010, 03:16 PM
There's no place like home....there's no place like home....

While Veauamil has been exceeding fun for me in so many zones - especially the lower levels in Kunark; soloing the Sarnak Fortress in Ill Omen at lvl 16, Overthere at 21, then off to Burning Wood at 25...Of course my favorite dungeons - Black Burrow as a child, then Paw, and ultimately - Veauamil's most gratifying moment in all of EQ...zoning into PoFire.

But in the end, I would sit Veau right down where he was created, in the Guild Hall in Neriak.

My Pally, Coinneach - until I sacced him back to 46 for the EE - he was the most fun for me between levels 19 and 22, thus I would "retire" him inside the Sarnak Fortress in Ill Omen - the place where, as my first EQ toon, I began making friends with some of the people who have travelled the roads of Everquest with me.

Truly - is this a morbid thread? *giggle*

Bushka Eberlubbin
06-29-2010, 12:48 AM
Sebillis, bitrhplace of the Ogurdance. I get asked often if I am the original Bushka....when I reply Bushka the Fifth...since 2002, the reply is always "I remember Bushka always hollerin Disco for the Sebillis CC's....and him dancing with everyone he passed.

Hatenine
06-29-2010, 02:48 AM
I think i would park Jaguarx in 1 of 3 places,

Vexthal, I spent so much time in that zone and loved doing it why not leave him in in that zone, I even named my deathknight in warcraft Vexthal if that gives you any idea how much i loved it. Id clear the zone and park him right in Aten Ha Ra's room.

Ssraeshza Temple, SSRA FOREVER. Another Luclin raid that i spent way too much time in. Key farming, luclin shards, Pulling Emp to the zone line. IoA/OC battle for emp kill Calhin dotting a mezzed mob and wiping IoA(I was in IoA at the time).

Last but not least Plane of Earth B and the Rathe Council/Avatar of Earth
Not because i loved it in fact I hated it but The feeling of accomplishment of doing a 5 hour long raid, in which I feel asleep meleeing one of the Councilman. Id love to park myself right in the cubby and just remember all the pain and time that went into it but in the end we had fun killing it.

Whatever zone I parked Jag in i would park my alter ego Hatenine right next to him.

Jag/Hate

fokl
06-30-2010, 12:50 AM
I would have to park all my Alts in a special places each one has thier own memories. My palidin. My first character ever would be sitting in butcherblock at the Druid circle when I discovered BB was not black burrow while begging for a port for a corpse run from Erudin. He never returned after that sad day in Norath. For Fokl I think his favorite place would have to be sitting in grobb forever tormenting those ogres reminding them that victory went to the frogloks one fateful day. He was created along with the thousands of other frogloks that day and will be seated in his home guild area in grobb. Zander doesn't have all these memories with him he is just a babe never experiencing the true norrath with blocky ogres and always being able to find a bunch of people to hang out and group with. For him his and fokl's home will always be TSC. Zander will be sitting on the guildhall second floor watching all the guild enter and leave. Forever supporting!

Khandrahcir
07-06-2010, 01:34 PM
When that day finally came, I decided to camp in the place that I called home. The Guild Hall. That way I was forever surrounded by my friends.

Khandrahcir Boanerges
80th Paladin in the service of Mithaniel Marr
Retired Officer of Crimson talon

Docray
07-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Hey Khand!

Hope all is going well for you. Nice to hear from you again.

All the best,

Doc

sillaen
07-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Khand, what's going on bud? Nice to see you still lurk around the boards.

Rixsar
07-13-2010, 05:39 PM
I have officially left eq once before...

My mage (Rixsar- my true eq heart) was and will be parked at the top the Wizzy Spear in North Karana. I met some of my best friends in eq in that zone.

I have not decided where i would park my warrior.. post pop no zone has sparked my intrest.

Tico
07-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Hi Khandrahcir,

It is good to hear from you again and hope RL is treating you well. Drop by and visit some more.

Tico

Khandrahcir
08-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Hey guys :)

RL is treating me as best as can be expected. No complaints at all. It's good to see some familiar faces still fighting the good fight. Other than RL WoW is still my time sink. Pally and Warlock on Earthen Ring if anyone else is there.

Are you all still actively raiding?

All the best,
Khand

puluvil
08-07-2010, 08:27 AM
hi Richard, good to hear from you bro and yes we are still raiding, well some more then others (cough). Take care bro.

Silynt
08-07-2010, 08:50 AM
hey, Khan :) You need to leave WoW and come back to EQ! :signdie:

Ronian
08-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Yup WoW is not the place to be! Eq is still the better game. Nice to hear from you Khan.