PDA

View Full Version : Hallof Passing

Shaneane
06-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Ok, I am so bad at this and I am sorry but I need to let everyone know that Hallof (Lonny) passed away last night at the age of 38. He died in his sleep from what we can tell but not sure what the actual cause was. This is so hard for me to type I never thought that I would be typing this. As you all may know I was married to him in RL for years before we separted. He will be so missed out of this life.

Leth please spell check this .... Crying and typing is not working to well.

Bongg
06-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Wow ..

I am so sorry shane ..my heart goes out to you and everyone else who knew him..if it had to happen I am just thankfull that hopefully he went peicfully and with no pain .. he was my age .. he will surly be missed..

~Allronn

Cribbage
06-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Lonny was one of my oldest and dearest friends in EQ. I'm glad to have had the chance to meet you two in person. Not many people would invite someone they have never met into their home. I am so sorry for your loss hon. Words cannot express how much he will be missed.

Always your friend
Greg

Deathredeemer
06-25-2011, 10:18 PM
As probably one of the youngest people who knew Lonny as a friend, mentor, and even someone to talk to in game.. relating to none eq stuff. I am at a lost of words, for you and what has happened. I knew you two when i was young maybe 16 or so, and everyone in the guild was my family in game for me. Always talking and making fun of the monk or what every main i was playing at the time.
I remember when Lonny came back for a while and how i would tease him about him being lowbie now and me being high and everything, in the end he manged to get 90 and equipped faster then i ever expected. While i never met anyone in RL, i still felt close to everyone. People always mock about video games and how addicting they are, but do they realize the friendships, relationships and well long time friends that come out of it.
Shan I am deeply sorry for your lose and as i stated in the beginning i am at a loss of words for this. He was always someone i could talk to for in-game/rl advice.

No Matter What Happens, or Where I got From Here You All are my "extended" family.

Michael

Rantol
06-25-2011, 10:42 PM
This is a shock to me, He really was a great friend to me. And I share your sadness Shane. He was like a mentor to me not only in game but also helped me out with real life issues on many occasions. My prayers go out to all of you close to him.
Sorry this may be a bit rambling, but like you Shane i'm on the brink of tears over this.

Kalley Respire'Vital
06-25-2011, 11:11 PM
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep
I am a 1,000 winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow
I am the sun on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled light
I am the soft star that shines at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there;

Lonny was a friend and to my Steph a friend and husband he ate at my table slep in my home all I can say is this is a Tragrdy

and steph asking leth for spell check gave me a smile ...thank you

Lonny, you left us way to soon hun we all will think of you and miss you, i will never forget you and our time with me tossing you out of bed to play wii

Avyendha
06-25-2011, 11:26 PM
I to am shocked to hear this. I am at a loss for words.... my condolences to you shane and to everyone that knew him.

Mirror
06-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Only a short time my friend.. but will miss you all the same Steph very sorry

Mckae
06-26-2011, 05:11 PM
When Greg - Leth- called me, to let me know, I was in shock. Unlike most everyone ingame I have known, I got to meet Lonnie and Shane in RL. All I got to say is that the World was a better place with Lonnie in it !.

__________You are and always will be my Friend !____________

:oldglory:

Satrn
06-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Im not sure where to start, I guess ill first agree with everyone else in my sentiments of damn he was way too young and this is very unexpected.

I didnt know him as well as I would have liked, but both of you were allways handy with information, friendship and very welcoming when I joined TSC back when. He allways spoke well of everyone, and with very few exceptions will be sorely missed. Shaneane Thankyou for relaying this to us as bad as it has to feel for you. If you need anything, or any of his relatives do, please contact us as I am sure any of us would be glad to help in any way. Again you have my sincerest sorrow and sympathy as he seemed like a damn nice guy, and I am sure that this game has lost some of it's luster knowing he wont be logging in to say hi and play with us any longer.

Justsexy
06-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Soo very sad to hear this... He was just soo young... And well words are hard to speak right now... Shane.... We are all here for you!! I know you divorced him and all but emotions and feelings are still there!! And now it's even harder with his passing! Always know we love you and if you ever neeed anyone to talk to call any one of us!! We are here and we are your family!!

Ngoquyen
06-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Deepest condolences, words can not express the proper sympathy nor comfort you any more than what has been said. Hallof was a great guy to hang around and full of jokes and laughter. He will be missed by quite a few.

Hatenine
06-27-2011, 09:27 PM
I never had the pleasure of meeting Lonny irl but he was always a fun person to be around and always willing to offer his help. Steph sent me a text the other morning and my initial reaction was pure shock. He will be missed and I wish the best for you Steph and his Family.

Jason

Docray
06-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Very sad to hear the news. He will be truely missed. My thoughts are with you Shane.

Veauamil
06-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Dear God.

I was away, and returned last night. Checking my email this morning, I see a Happy B-day from Stone Coven, and immediately following, this. :(

I am crushed at the loss - for Shane, for myself who was privileged to have Lon as a friend, and for TSC where he was friend to many.

I can't know what else to say - sorrow is the one part of life that leaves me speechless. :(

Kenny

Ailinye
06-29-2011, 09:52 AM
I am deeply sorry for your loss. I only knew him in game but he was an awesome guy. My prayers are with you and your family.

sillaen
06-29-2011, 12:19 PM
My prayers are with you, your family and everyone who had the privilege of calling Lonny a friend. I too only knew him in game but he was indeed an awesome guy and I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Shaneane
07-03-2011, 11:08 AM
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kansascity/obituary.aspx?n=lonny-t-collins&pid=152319917

Fyrewulf
07-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Wow I read this as i was walking out the door to go to work and all I could say all day is "I can not believe he is gone". I got lots of in game memories of hanging out with Hallof and the crew. But my best memories is the summer we went down to Kansas and spent a week there with the Kuka's and Lonnie and Steph. To this day me and my wife still drag up memories of being down there it was a great time with some great friends. I am going to try and find a few pictures of Hallof (more then likely drinking a beer) and post them up here.

Namao
07-08-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm sorry I haven't posted anything regarding Hallof(Lonny)'s passing. In truth I am stunned and in disbelief that he is gone. I too have some good memories of Hallof like many others have posted. He was a good guy. Helpful as much as he was able to, and had a good sense of humor. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Shane and your family.

Kennok
07-09-2011, 09:27 PM
I didn't anticipate my first post here in over 3 years being for this reason ... not one little bit.
I heard this news through the grapevine...
and I come a little late...

but I figured it's a case of better late than never, when it comes to leaving your respects.

*Hugs* Steph ...

and Lonny ... I guess I'll game with you on the other side, mate :cry:

Tillaini
07-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Namao messaged me and Ice about this. I'm in complete shock. Our hearts go out to Stephanie (Shaneane) and the rest of his family, both RL and in game. He was a good person and will be missed.

Shaneane
07-15-2011, 07:36 PM
I want to say ty to eveyone that has posted and talk to me in game.

Kalley Respire'Vital
07-15-2011, 09:53 PM
every time I log on facebook i get a <Lonny has poked you poke him back>

a smile and then a tear

call me Steph I miss you

P.S Ken Im not a grapeVine

Shaneane
07-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Why is it I must call you ... you have my number also.

I do miss ya Terri and will call you more (as soon as I can quit working two jobs)

Gargamesh
08-26-2011, 10:18 PM
For once, I am at a loss for words...Truly, I dont know what to say. My heart does truly go out to his entire family.

Hallof was one of a kind, one of the best, and a very good friend. Funny to admit this, but not ever having had the pleasure to meet him outside the game I felt like I knew him for years.

I'm sorry I am so late with this....

Damn, what a loss.... I'm in shock, and am having thousands of hours of EQ with him flash in front of my eyes...what a terrible loss....

I am so sorry....

Araden
09-01-2011, 08:01 PM
So sorry to hear, It was great getting to know him.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Shaneane
09-07-2011, 04:58 PM
I thank everyone for your words and wanted to tell anyone whom would like to know that the death was just ruled this week as a Ruptured Aortic Dissection aka a type of heart attack. I wanted to let everyone know who wanted the info.

Love ya all for everything ....

Stephanie

(Leth spell check)