PDA

View Full Version : About Sandy...

Joryn
10-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Just watched alot of the Headlines today at lunch bout the frankenstorm known as Sandy. thinking about all those affected, my prayers are with you.
heres to hoping life returns to normal for all of you soon, Godspeed.

Deathredeemer
10-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Me at Albany, NY just had winds, nothing major or anything. My mom who lives in Staten Island, NY had just major major windws that blew trasnformer so no power, rest of the island just seems to be overthrown with trees that wer uprooted.. flooding and other stuff. NYC the financial district is closed for now due to the major surge. AC is now a ghost town and its practically gone, as is Long Beach Long island, NY.

Will take time to get eveyrthing back together, but all my framily and friends are ok and safe and nothing major happened to theire houses or cars.

Veauamil
10-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Connecticut coastline survived. No power for the past 3 days, and estimated no power for the next 4 - 9 days in my area. Thank God for being a camping nut. No damage to the home, so I'm just making it a long camping event.

Thanks for the prayers and concern.

:)

Veau/Kenny

greychild
11-01-2012, 07:09 AM
My kids all were rooting for a power outage, and got it. Then they discovered that you can't recharge your laptop and cell phone when there's no power... boy were they shocked and unhappy! Sooooo - I guess we call this a learning experience on many levels for them.
It's been tiring looking after 450 kids and trying to get some education done with not much light or power, and limited food/heat, but we got her done. Power came back at 3:40 this morning after 54 hours down. Supposedly that's a record for the area, though I am pretty sure we lost power for about 33 hours my 3rd year here. In any case, I'm glad it's behind us. My rather leaky 166 year old house (the original Blair Academy schoolhouse) was down to 55 Fahrenheit and dropping about 2 degrees an hour, so I am a happier non-camper. One thing they took OUT of the house years before i got it was the fireplace. And that's something I learned about as well... :)
Seeya when I see you guys. My schedule will be a little more "normal" in about another 10 days, but I'll still be mostly busy until the Christmas holidays (my school has deprecated "Christmas" and insists on being politically correct... but it remains the Christmas/holiday season for me).
/hugs to all.
GC