PDA

View Full Version : Everquest Next - Gameplay Video

Darkryft
08-03-2013, 08:53 AM
This popped up in my Facebook feed from EQN:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdgPuEl5Nuk

I also had an invitation to apply for Beta in my mailbox this morning. Can't wait to see this up close.

Cribbage
08-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Same. For anyone interested you can sign up for beta at http://www.everquestnext.com

Deathredeemer
08-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Looks like neverwinter slightly if anyone has played it before.. least game style

Zhadowstorm
08-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Looks cartoony like WoW.

Satrn
08-05-2013, 12:13 PM
tried to sign up, unknown error

Wynter
08-05-2013, 01:16 PM
I was able to apply for the beta on two accounts and got confirmation emails. My husband tried and got the error. He even tried on my computer a few minutes after I did and it wouldn't work.

greychild
08-05-2013, 01:24 PM
It has sounded on a couple of side threads as if the application page/process has been very hit or miss since it was put up. Just keep at it.
From what i have heard, if Sony makes good on The Vision (TM), this will be where all the smart people go to play. I'll be curious to see how it works out.
GC

Setesuyara
08-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Looks cartoony like WoW.

Very much this. The biggest thing I liked about EQ, that kept it from being like WoW is the more realistic textures and models...

So much for that.

Awesome...:no2:

Viterbo
08-06-2013, 06:36 PM
It actually reminded me more of a Disney movie- every time I saw that lion dude I kept thinking of the Lion King. And the facial expression thing looked very disneyish.

Veauamil
08-07-2013, 07:25 AM
Also received an invite to play. But looking at the video...meh. Too much like WoW. yeah FF, some like NWN. I loved that game. For a while I opened a port and played with a couple friends, until we found EQ.

Haha. Been reading R.A. Salvatore again and now I find myself missing Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. LOL
V

Deathredeemer
08-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Also received an invite to play. But looking at the video...meh. Too much like WoW. yeah FF, some like NWN. I loved that game. For a while I opened a port and played with a couple friends, until we found EQ.

Haha. Been reading R.A. Salvatore again and now I find myself missing Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. LOL
V

No its not Neverwinter Night.. It just Neverwinter, its from Perfect World Entertainment (Cryptic) and is based off of D & D

greychild
08-07-2013, 10:12 AM
I don't want to play defender of the faith for Sony, but I am much more interested in the mechanics of the game-to-be than I am in having real-world graphics in a fantasy game. I'll watch a Pixar flick or whatever for super visuals. After 14 years of what are, after all, a round of EQ knockoffs, I'm ready for someone to take the next step in game AI. Sony says they're ready to try that, and that's what I'm hoping to see. If they deliver, it will probably get my vote. If they don't, well, I'll play EQ while it stays worth playing and have more reading, writing, or women-chasing time when it doesn't.
GC

Cribbage
08-07-2013, 11:35 AM
After playing Borderlands and Borderlands 2 for so long I'm a fan of the pixel shader graphics. It's all about the mechanics and the ability to bend them to my will that matters to me.